Sunday, July 4, 2010

I want to be a better blogger...

I'm about to drink tea from a bowl.  I've been packing up our place, and got carried away when i was packing up mugs and cups...  so chai tea in a bowl it is!

That's right, I'm packing up our place!  If you know us and haven't heard by now, we are moving to Portland, OR!  Mark is going to be the youth pastor of West Hills Friends in Portland, OR and I am going to be working at a Montessori school in the neighborhood we are going to be living in, Mt. Tabor.  We are so excited to  have found meaningful work, that we know we will enjoy and love!  We leave on the 9th, and will arrive on the 10th.

..............................................................

It is going to be hard to say goodbye to all of our friends and their families here in Denver, CO.  We are going to miss them beyond words.  We've spent 4 years in college, and one year here with some of them and they've truly become like family.  Their families have even welcomed us into theirs.  What a gift we've been given!  We have truly learned the value of community from them.  

I'm also leaving behind one of my best and dearest friends.  My heart wrenches and aches just thinking about not having her just across the street from me.  Ugh.  I am confident though, that our friendship will withstand the distance.  We've been through a lot this year, and I know this is a friendship worth fighting the distance for.  

..............................................................

As much as my heart aches, I also have a lot of hope for our future in Portland.  There is already a community of amazing people at West Hills Friends just waiting for us with open arms.  How comforting is that?  I don't think we'd be able to make this move if it weren't for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment